Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Lipos in a futaba transmitter

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Lipos in a futaba transmitter

Old 10-20-2013, 01:55 PM
skywarrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also been using 2S. Lipos on 12FG for years since it came out. Shows 8.3 v when fully charged.
no problems so for
Old 10-20-2013, 05:51 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Futaba or almost any major company wont recommend not because it wont work it is to do with liability.i have a 2600 lipo from rc acessory for my futaba 7c 2.4.given how I fly I only have to charge it every couple moths.its perfectly safe and reliable.beats stupid nicadsand for years used nimh batteries as good as those are I love the lipo battery betterif you forget to turn it off and it goes down to a very lo volage unfortnuately you will lose a cell and not be able to charge.i feel lipos are perfectly safe .you have them in your cell phones right? I think you either like them or you dont and theres nimh and life batteries if you more comfortable.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:57 AM
bullseye000

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

9C user. I've had a lipo in my radio for 3 years flying year round. Never an issue and don't have to recharge after every flying session like I did with NiCAD's. Keep in mind that Futaba sells some expensive battery packs for replacement in their radios. I'm sure this helps in their decision not to show any support. I also charge the battery out of the radio. Taking it out for a charge is a non-event because it is done so seldom.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:41 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

I have been using 3s lipo in my 9c for 5 years. no problems. always charge around 11 volts and out of the transmitter.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:44 PM
nickr100

Originally Posted by skywarrior View Post
Also been using 2S. Lipos on 12FG for years since it came out. Shows 8.3 v when fully charged.
no problems so for
hi, i know this is an old thread but im looking to use a lipo in my 12FG. could you tell me what lipos fit, and what is any mods i need to do??
cheers
nick
Old 12-23-2015, 06:50 AM
foodstick

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Futaba 7c
3 cell lipo, have been using several years, charge out of radio, zero problems.

Lasts forever....