Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Laser Cut Servo Tray

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Laser Cut Servo Tray

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:30 AM
dreddbatfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Laser Cut Servo Tray

I'm building Top Flites F4U Corsair and I'm following RCGuy41 thread in the Kit Building section and I noticed that he mounted a servo on what looks like a laser cut servo tray.The kit doesn't have this on any of the balsa or lite plywood pieces.I was wondering where I might get one of these,I'm attaching a picture of what I'm talking about.From the look of the picture it looks like it's a lite plywood piece.If anybody can point me in the right direction as to where I might get one I'd appreciate it.Thanks for everyones assistance.

Danny Redd
(dreddbatfan)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ST.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1952864  
Old 12-31-2013, 10:59 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd break out a ruler, pencil, some 1/8 lite ply and my scroll saw.
for something as simple as a servo tray, it doesn't need to be laser cut.
(assuming you don't have a laser cutter laying around )
Old 12-31-2013, 11:09 AM
dreddbatfan

Hi AMA 74894,
I would do as you suggested but I have Rhuematoid Arthritis in my hands and they hurt to try and do something like this.If I tried it I'd probably end up cutting off my fingers.Thanks for the suggestion though,I really appreciate it.

Danny Redd
Old 12-31-2013, 11:19 AM
AMA 74894

ooo well you certainly NEED the fingers...
here's an older thread, but most of the links are still valid...
I've seen servo trays before on Ebay as well...
I have seen similar servo trays made from plastic, I can't imagine you'd have a hard time finding something acceptable.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scra...rvice-rfq.html

hope that helps!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:18 PM
dreddbatfan

Hi Again Jim,
Thanks for the information,I'll try those links.As I stated I'm following RCGuy41s thread about his build for the same kit.I've posted some questions for him plus I'vesent him a PM as well I've sent him a visitor message and I haven't heard from him,is he still a member or active on the forum?I've also tried to contact Firepower R/C the same way and I haven't heard back from him either.Is he still an active member?If you have any suggestions as how I can contact either(or both)of them please let me know.Thanks again for your help and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Danny Redd
Old 12-31-2013, 12:48 PM
AMA 74894

Hey, Danny.
it looks like those 2 guys are still technically around, but have only had a few posts in the last year... we recently went through a software upgrade (early august 2013)
and some members didn't like the upgrade... :-/
I suspect they've either found other forums or simply have turned off their email notifications...
(you CAN see that info by clicking on any username, then click on 'view forum posts')
one heck of a Corsair thread!
Old 12-31-2013, 01:22 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danny, I just bought 4 from this person. click this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laser-Cut-1-...-/200754652482
Old 12-31-2013, 01:53 PM
dreddbatfan

Hi FlapHappy,
Thanks for the link,I'll check them out.

Hi Again Jim,
I checked out those members and the last time they posted was in September and I don't see any email only the ability to send them Private Messages.I wanted to buy Firepower R/C Bomb & Tank kit for my Corsair and I have questions for RCGuy41 build of the Corsair.If you have any other suggestions as to how to contact them,let me know.Thanks again for your help.

Danny Redd
Old 01-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi Danny,

I would be happy to make these up for you and include them with the tailwheel parts.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:58 PM
dreddbatfan

Hi Chad,
Thanks,I'll take you up on the offer.I've already sent your Paypal payment.Did you make anything else for Brads Top Flite F4U Corsair build?It seems to me that I read that you make a air-foiled tail feather kit and I was wondering what that is and what it does for the airplane and how much it cost?Thanks again Chad for your help and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Danny
Old 01-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dreddbatfan
Hi Chad,
Thanks,I'll take you up on the offer.I've already sent your Paypal payment.Did you make anything else for Brads Top Flite F4U Corsair build?It seems to me that I read that you make a air-foiled tail feather kit and I was wondering what that is and what it does for the airplane and how much it cost?Thanks again Chad for your help and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Danny
Danny, PayPal payment was received. Thank you. The scale tail feather kit is the only other item that I have made for the TF Corsair. They are strictly a scale appearance item and I doubt make any difference in the way the airplane performs. I'm afraid I do not offer the parts any longer as I never did sell very many of them and they are a lot of work for very little profit. I would be happy to send you a PDF file of the plans if you would like to cut your own parts.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:27 PM
dreddbatfan

Hi Chad,
Go ahead and send the PDF,if it looks to hard to cut then I won't use it.I wish I could get a hold of Brad because I'd like to know what servos he used for his kit.I can make out the Hitec,Matchbox and I see that he's useing a spectrum radio.I can't tell from the pictures which Futaba servos he's useing besides the S3004 series.If you can make them out let me know.Thanks again and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Danny
Old 01-02-2014, 12:49 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Which corsair kit are you building? I have the .60 on the bench and going with Futaba 3004 for the wing and a JR and Hitech I have laying around for the tail, but 3004 for the .60 work fine all around. Mine is taking 8 servos since I have a mechanical tail wheel and electric retracts. For that using a cheap $5 JR car servo. It has one function to pick it up and put it down. They also work fine for throttles. Got a 10 pack of them for $50 brand new with all the hardware. I replaced all my throttle servos with them and using the more expensive servos elsewhere.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:36 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laser Cut Servo Tray ----> http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXME95&P=7

More than one is included in the kit. The picture does not show the laser cut wood panel provided.