Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

OS FS 155 4 stroke engine won't start

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS FS 155 4 stroke engine won't start

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 04:53 AM
F14redfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS FS 155 4 stroke engine won't start

I had to send this brand new engine back because it was frozen! They said it was engine timing issue, it was retimed and apparently test run with no problems. Got it back the other day and got it started for about 5 seconds and havnt been able to get it cranked since. Tried all different needle valve adjustments/mixture valve adjustments. No problem with glow fuel delivery from tank, and glow plug new and working fine. Does anyone have any experience with OS 4 strokes and any thoughts/ideas on what could be the issue??
Thanks

Tim
Old 05-01-2014, 02:17 PM
bikerbc

I would recheck your glow plug.. Also make sure your glow driver is fully charged. . Its so hard to say because there are many little things to check and with out being there and seeing how your engine is mounted ,your fuel tank location etc. etc. all a person is doing , is just guessing .. If your engine is inverted it is very easy to flood the plug and then very difficult to start with out a real hot glow driver ..I have accidently hooked up the wrong line to the carb before ...Are you using your muffler to pressure your tank ?Four strokes like to be well primed to start .. Are you priming ? Can you feel compression when you turn it over ? It could have a stuck valve . Although I would like to help you I think the guys at your club might be a better help because they could see what's going on ..
Old 05-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Frozen=timing??? On a new engine?? More info is needed but the best place to ask any questions is in the glow engine forum and you can ask Bill Baxter directly in Factory Support. Did you take the engine apart in any way just to see what made it tic before it was frozen?? Give Bax as much info as you can, he is very fast with a reply.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Ed Smith

Is it in an airplane or on a test stand.? Get it on a test stand with the tank at the correct height relative to the carburettor. Go from there.Ed S .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_3346.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	1995620  
Old 05-16-2014, 08:59 AM
jetmech05

If it were me I'd reset the needles to factory settings. Recheck the glow plug and use an electric starter