Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Taft Viper jet

Old 06-08-2014, 05:29 PM
tennis hennes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taft Viper jet

Hi, has anyone set up this jet the manual does not show how to connect the wires to RX. Also I like to know how to set up a DX 8 for this jet.
Please let me know.
TH.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:16 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Ok, I'll bite. If you're just trolling congratulations- you got me.

If you don't know how to plug the wires into the receiver, then you are not ready to fly any jet. Not even if you've been flying them on the simulator, not even if you're particularly talented with mechanical things, not even if you have a buddy who plans to help you. Jets are too fast, too unforgiving, don't have any self righting characteristics, and require well developed landing skills for a new pilot to fly successfully. If you take off with this plane, you will return home with a trash bag full of foam bits and lots of small electronic parts.

Get yourself a trainer, preferably a trainer and an instructor to teach you how to fly it, then work through the progression from trainer to sport plane to fast prop plane to jet. You'll have a lot more fun and will actually build the flying skills and reflexes you need to fly the plane you have.

And, of course, if it turns out that you're a highly experienced pilot who's flown everything under the sun, competed in IMAC and pylon racing, and has served as a club officer for the last 5 years but somehow has just not managed to learn how to plug in the receiver and do a 6 channel radio setup, feel free to make whichever snide comment you feel is appropriate. I won't be offended in the least.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 AM
jetmech05

Ok I'll bite..... jester is 100% correct
Old 06-09-2014, 05:11 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good morning TH and welcome to the forum. What you need to do is fill in your area code here to receive a list of all the local ama clubs near you and you really need to talk to someone face to face to receive hands on help and yes maybe be enlightened as to what is a more appropriate airplane to start out with.

It just gets old watching the constant flow in and out of the hobby sport that we all love so much of people determined to start with wildly inappropriate airplanes, one that seldom survives beyond the first flight.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 06-09-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:06 AM
lasdoug2011

Good Question Tennis, it took some trial and error but found the receiver hookup that works;
(Iam using a 7CHL Spektrum Receiver)

Port1 THRO = CHL3 LEAD WIRE
Port2 AIL = CHL1 LEAD WIRE
Port3 ELEV = CHL2 LEAD WIRE
Port4 RUDD = CHL4 LEAD WIRE
Port5 GEAR = CHL5 LEAD WIRE
Port6 AUX1 = CHL6 LEAD WIRE

Hope This Helps
Old 05-26-2018, 06:35 AM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Smile

Originally Posted by lasdoug2011
Good Question Tennis, it took some trial and error but found the receiver hookup that works;
(Iam using a 7CHL Spektrum Receiver)

Port1 THRO = CHL3 LEAD WIRE
Port2 AIL = CHL1 LEAD WIRE
Port3 ELEV = CHL2 LEAD WIRE
Port4 RUDD = CHL4 LEAD WIRE
Port5 GEAR = CHL5 LEAD WIRE
Port6 AUX1 = CHL6 LEAD WIRE

Hope This Helps
Nice reply to a reasonable question.... If you have not seen the inside of this airplane for the first time and the handful of wires and different connectors and plugs... then you will understand this question....
Old 12-01-2018, 04:18 PM
RBTHNTR64
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys suck as mentors. This jet has a couple of gang connectors that is not normal to even intermediate modelers.
You want this hobby to die. Keep answering valid questions the way you all did above.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Originally Posted by RBTHNTR64
You guys suck as mentors. This jet has a couple of gang connectors that is not normal to even intermediate modelers.
You want this hobby to die. Keep answering valid questions the way you all did above.
Amen.... I appreciate your thoughtful answer.... Thanks...