Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DX6 vs DX6i

Old 08-11-2014, 05:08 PM
xjqkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6 vs DX6i

I'm a beginner to RC flight. Deciding between DX6 and DX6i. Is DX6 worth $70 more dollars?
Old 08-11-2014, 07:19 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I presently have a DX6 and at one time had a DX6i. The DX6 is a much better radio as it is a more capable set. It has telemetry, is upgradable by an SD card, has voice prompts, and is really a brother to the DX9. I now have both. The DX6 uses regular batteries but a Lithiium Ion battery pack is available and I will be upgrading. I think that now that the DX6 is available, the DX6i will be discontinued.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:33 AM
jester_s1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the DX6i will be discontinued because there is a strong market for an entry level radio for a little over $100. But it's confusing to market the radios the way they do. There really should have been a name change when they came out with the telemetry and voice prompts so that buyers could see the difference.
For your question, you have to decide if the new features are worth $70. Using the telemetry requires buying the telemetry module, so there's an added cost associated with that feature. Both radios will control your planes equally well, and both have the same number of channels and same features regarding model setup and mixes.