Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Ziroli 70" P-47 Build

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ziroli 70" P-47 Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:01 AM
G17Staggerwing
My Feedback: (159)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli 70" P-47 Build

Hello,
I just purchased the Ziroli 70" P-47 Plans and partial kit. My question is to anyone who has built this kit. I would appreciate getting a list of all the necessary wood to build the kit ( IE. Balsa, Ply, Spruce? ) So I can purchase everything at the same time.
Thanks
Nevin
G17Staggerwing
Old 08-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't built that plane but have built a few of Nicks designs from plans, almost all my planes are plans built. There is never a bill of lading telling you exactly what wood is required so the best thing I have found is when I get the plans I lay them out on the floor and spend a lot of time writing down what is shown. Figuring out the wood needed is for me the hardest part of building. I go over the plans for several days before I ever place a wood order. On top of that I always order more wood then needed and over time I have a pretty good supply on hand.