Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

New to retracts, need help with parts definition

Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New to retracts, need help with parts definition

Old 09-25-2014, 08:23 AM
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (35)
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 609
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to retracts, need help with parts definition

What do the parts trunnion , pin etc. refer to in the retract description ? Is there a diagram somewhere that identifies all these part that are part of the retract specs? Thanks
Old 09-25-2014, 08:29 AM
raptureboy's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kempton PA
Posts: 2,620
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go to robart.com, they have diagrams of all their retracts. Trunnion is the part that rotates and holds the strut.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:51 AM
My Feedback: (23)
invertmast's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: North Port, Fl
Posts: 7,931
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Trunnion is the thing that rotates in the retract when the actuator pushes on it and your gear leg is attached to. The trunnion pin is the axle

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.