Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

P-51 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Walther
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-51 Exhaust

Can someone tell me what happened to Tony Howard and his scale P-51 exhaust. I have been trying to contact him with no results. I see his add is also gone.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:49 PM
GSNut
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Walther,

It has been a while since I visited with Tony, but have a go here.

His ad is here:
www.pacific-scaled-aircraft.com

or try

[email protected]

Last edited by GSNut; 01-19-2015 at 03:00 PM. Reason: more infro
Old 01-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Walther
My Feedback: (1)

I have Emailed him several times with no luck. And this is the only contact info that I have.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:58 PM
Luft-Gangster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just read in another post ( http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...l#post11973948 ) Tony Howard has passed. God rest his sole.
I have a mold from a Byron P-51 exhaust if you are interested. I'm in the northern part of the states, so its too cold to do it now, but March maybe.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:40 PM
Wade1007

I have a Tony Howard exhaust kit new that I do not need if you are interested. $40.00 will ship for free
Old 02-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Luft-Gangster

Tom, I have attemped 3 times to reply to your PM, but nothing shows after I hit the reply button and reply then hit the submit message and nothing shows even when I click on sent messages ????? Are you receiving anything ?
Old 02-11-2015, 03:30 AM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

I received this e-mail from Tony's wife yesterday. Sorry to hear he is gone. He made a truly wonderful scale P-51 exhaust! Leo

"Hello, all –

I’ve some sad news, which some of you may already know – Tony passed away Jan.19, 2015.
Tony was rushed to emergency on Monday, Dec. 8, 2014. He remained in the hospital several weeks with a severe kidney infection and other complications, rallying, then more problems, and rallying again, then other complications. He gave a valiant fight but his system just gave out.
We bade farewell to Tony on Monday, Jan. 19, 2015. He was surrounded by several of his dearest friends – we hoped he could hear our chatter about the good times we enjoyed with him over the years. Soon after they left he passed away quietly as Christy, Pete and I hugged and held his hands. We miss him greatly already, but are cheering each other by remembering the good times.
We've set a date for Tony’s memorial. We hope you'll be able to join us at 1:30 on Saturday, March 21 in Room 7 of the Phinney Center in Seattle to share some memories over coffee and cookies. Tony was not fond of dressing up for events, so please feel free to honor his memory by dressing comfortably.
The Phinney Center is at 6532 Phinney Avenue North in Seattle. You'll find driving, walking, and transit directions to the Center on their website at http://phinneycenter.org/about/directions.html. We'll be in the "Blue Building," which fronts on Phinney; Room 7 is on the west side of the top floor of the building. If stairs are an issue for you, you'll want to be sure to park in the upper parking lot and enter the building via the small doorway to the left of the external staircase; you can then take the elevator up to the third floor. We're also pleased to note that we will have plenty of daylight by March 21st, with a sunset time around 7:20, so no driving in the dark should be required!
We posted short notices in both the Seattle Times and the Everett Herald the last week of January; both notices link to a longer obituary that's available at
http://www.asacredmoment.com/obits/o...-Edward-Howard
Don't miss the link at the bottom of the page to the wonderful tribute Mike Dailey posted on RCgroups.com, which includes a wealth of information about Tony's model aircraft designs. Mike, thank you so much for sharing your memories and pulling together all this information!
I am so grateful to have Christy leading the way in taking care of the many necessary decisions and being great support throughout this trying time, as well as Pete Mesling’s wonderful support, too. (Pete and Christy are planning to be married sometime this year.) Tony and Pete had become great pals over the last few years.
We intend to scatter Tony’s ashes later this year in the San Juan Islands where we enjoyed many vacations in our boating days.
Thank you all for your support and kindness and great friendships.
Love,
Margaret, Christy & Pete"