Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Who's covering is it

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Who's covering is it

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 06:22 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who's covering is it

I have a partial roll of 4' wide fabric covering that has heat activated adhesive on it, could it be Solartex. ? Has it been produced in a 4' wide roll or has someone else made a like kind.

I got it as a result of a death of a long time RC guy and have know way of knowing how old it could be. It is neutral in color.

Leroy
Old 02-16-2015, 07:07 PM
2 Piece
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably Super Coverite, that was sold in 4' widths.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:15 PM
Leroy Gardner

So much for asking questions here anymore, don't say much for RCU these days.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:01 PM
2 Piece

what? I answered your question.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Leroy Gardner

Originally Posted by 2 Piece
what? I answered your question.
No you didn't, you said "probably" and that leaves it open to other possibilities. Probably also means, un sure.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:48 PM
2 Piece

Well since I am not there looking at it and you posted no photos I used the word "probably". Now for a little further information, in my 30 years of r/c modeling Super Coverite has been the only company that I knew of that offered 4' widths of iron on fabric covering. Is it possible that another company somewhere in the depths of Asia made a 1.2192 meter (metric equivalent to 4 foot)? Maybe, but I highly doubt that would be what you have.
Now for a little English lesson straight from Merriman- Webster... probably means: : very likely : almost certainly. It does not mean unsure.

Now I will agree with you statement except in reverse. So much for answering questions here anymore, don't say much for RCU these days.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Leroy Gardner

Originally Posted by 2 Piece
Well since I am not there looking at it and you posted no photos I used the word "probably". Now for a little further information, in my 30 years of r/c modeling Super Coverite has been the only company that I knew of that offered 4' widths of iron on fabric covering. Is it possible that another company somewhere in the depths of Asia made a 1.2192 meter (metric equivalent to 4 foot)? Maybe, but I highly doubt that would be what you have.
Now for a little English lesson straight from Merriman- Webster... probably means: : very likely : almost certainly. It does not mean unsure.

Now I will agree with you statement except in reverse. So much for answering questions here anymore, don't say much for RCU these days.
Can't resist the temptation, you could use a little English lesson your self, the use of the word probably suggests the user is unsure, very likely and almost certainly suggests the exact same thing, "the user is unsure", other wise the word positively or it's equivalent would have been used. I don't have to look up the words I use when I say or explain something as you did and only found out you didn't understand what the other terms meant either.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:21 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr Leroy,

Your way out of line. You ask a question because you yourself do not know the answer, then jump all over someone who gives you a SUGGESTION as to what you have.

Even if I knew what you had I would not tell you.

You need a little class.

Wait, in fact I WILL tell you what covering you have.....

It's Bumscratch universal made in Indonesia in the early 1800s.

End of search.

Last edited by tacx; 02-26-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Leroy Gardner

Originally Posted by tacx
Mr Leroy,

Your way out of line. You ask a question because you yourself do not know the answer, then jump all over someone who gives you a SUGGESTION as to what you have.

Even if I knew what you had I would not tell you.

You need a little class.

Wait, in fact I WILL tell you what covering you have.....

It's Bumscratch universal made in Indonesia in the early 1800s.

End of search.
Hummmmm, speaking of class, guess you don't know either, anyway I have my answer, yes, end of search.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, Just wow.

What color is "neutral"?

Don't worry I'm just here adding to the fire. I can't help one lick.

Rafael
Old 03-03-2015, 04:49 PM
2 Piece

Wow is right! The OP states that he now has his answer which was could this covering I have be Solartex. I thought it was forum etiquette that once you asked a question, then you found out the answer you were to post it so everyone could benefit. I guess since the OP makes up his own definition to words he is above proper forum etiquette.

To all the parents out there.... this is what happens when you do not let your child occasionally get the last pancake.