Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Remote glow adapter

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Remote glow adapter

Old 04-01-2015, 04:07 PM
p3arljam
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote glow adapter

I am installing a remote glow adapter on an inverted Saito 72 and i noticed i metal pin connection on the back of the unit with nothing connected to it can someone tell me what this is used for? The black wire is the ground wire and the red attaches to the glow plug but what is the extra metal pin for?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150401_195649.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	2085693  
Old 04-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I make my own using head phone jacks I buy at radio shack. Some of the models have two pins and some have three, mono or stereo. Not sure where you got the plug but it is quite a bit bigger then the ones I use, I use the mono plug that only has two small pins.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:41 AM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have one of your radio shack remote glow diagrams beard , ive yet to try it, looks like it will work
Old 04-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Gray Beard

The only time they don't is when my hot stick is too low. They don't fall apart from vibration either. It's so small and clean it can be hidden in a hatch on scale planes. It's also cheap, I like cheap. I can make up three of them for less money then one store bought. I think I buy the Cemark twist caps that already have the wire attached. Been a while since I have had to buy any of the parts.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:34 AM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a stereo jack. the extra pin in for the other channel. Just ignore it.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Gray Beard

OK, you made me look and this is what I found. I use the small 1/8 mono jacks # 274-0251 from radio shack and the Cermark twist cap. I don't have the number for the cap but my LHS used to order them for me. I must not have been the only one making my own because the owner of the shop would order 6 of the caps, I would buy 3 and a week later the other 3 he had for stock were gone. The twist cap is for four strokes so anyone using a two stroke the small clip on caps that look like a spark plug cap will work for you. The angle of the glow plug doesn't allow the clip on caps to work and I haven't had any of these Cermark caps come loose, they just twist on
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_0322stickARF0001.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	2087038