Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Graupner Taxi 2000

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Graupner Taxi 2000

Old 04-06-2015, 10:12 AM
nairetep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Graupner Taxi 2000

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help here. I have an ancient Graupner Taxi 2000 in traditional Graupner red and white finish, powered perfectly well by an equally ancient OS 70 4 stroke. The airframe is still in perfect condition but, the cowl paint is beginning to lift due to the engine's exhaust.

Does anyone know what material this model would have been covered with from the factory, and, what specifically is the Graupner red paint used on this and I think most of their aircraft over the years.

Does anyone have any information on this particular model? I realise that this goes back many years but I would welcome any assist in this matter.

Many thanks.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a long shot but if no one knows then look up Jaka here on RCU and ask him. he seems to still be up on Graupner items. Other then props I haven't seen any of there items in in any of the state side shops.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:48 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your post got me thinking (boy is that dangerous) so I looked around and found my 1997 Graupner german language catalog. I can remember the Taxi design as far back as the middle sixties during my time in Germany. This 1997 catalog is as thick as a Los Angleles city phone book.

At that time at least Graupner even owned their own balsa production facilities in Ecuador and they had their own branded covering film most likely a low temperature variant but cannot compare to any other brands. Its almost certain this was the covering film on their products.

This is the screen shot of the two page listing for the 'Taxi !!' Apparently just three years prior to your 2000

John

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Graupner Taxi covering.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	2086940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Graupner Taxi.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	2086941  
Old 04-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John, I am amazed!!! Before Denny sold nice twice there was some super film in the box of covering he kept behind the door, I had no clue, Other then props I can't recall anything about Graupner.