Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Canopy

Old 04-06-2015, 04:43 PM
mashp39
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canopy

Wil someone make me a canopy for a TF P39?
Old 04-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you phone Fiberglass Specialties yet???? They have a good web site but it isn't upgraded often so I phone them when I don't see what I need.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:07 PM
mashp39

Not yet but I will try now. Thanks. I was hoping someone in the hobby would be able to do it. If all else fails I will try to vaccum form .
Old 04-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

It's time consuming if you don't have the plug and you need the plane to make one correctly. FGS has a lot of the old kits that are out of production listed with the parts they have for them. They even have parts for old plans on the site but when they aren't shown I phone just to find out. Good people to work with.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:02 AM
Bill Diedrich

I may have an extra one that I bought when I bought up the last remaining kit sheets
from Top-Flite a few years ago, I will have to check out in my shop later this morning
and get back to you.

Bill D.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:36 PM
mashp39

Please check and let me know.I am building a RED Box P39. I have a canopy that I believe is a from another manufacturer but it doesn't look quite right.It doesn't have a scoop so I am making another scoop. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Bill Diedrich

Originally Posted by mashp39 View Post
Please check and let me know.I am building a RED Box P39. I have a canopy that I believe is a from another manufacturer but it doesn't look quite right.It doesn't have a scoop so I am making another scoop. Thanks for your help.
I have an extra cockpit canopy but it is for the Gold Box series, it does not have the upper scoop built into it, according to my plans
that scoop is 2 separate ABS plastic parts of which the ones I got from Top-Flite are both the same side, not a L & R as they should be.
If the Red Box series P-39 shows the integral scoop & canopy as one piece them the canopy I have isn't right for the kit you are building.

Bill D.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:58 AM
mashp39

I also have a Gold kit and it is different from the Red kit but I can make it fit very well. It will be very much better than what I have now.Contact me and we can work out price and shipping. Thanks.