Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

In search of:

Old 04-23-2015, 11:55 AM
stangman51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In search of:

Hello. I was looking for information on a mid to late 60's electric airplane that you charged with a battery pack with 2 d cells in it. The plane was controlled with a cam that inserted in the plane and hooked to the rudder and the plane would a pattern, you could change the cams and fly different patterns. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-23-2015, 06:39 PM
abacro

It was called the SuperStar Sky Show made by Mattel in the mid to late 60's! http://www.rcgrabbag.com/archives/ma...rstar-airplane# here is a link to a old advertisement page for it!

hope this info helps you out!

Art
Old 04-23-2015, 07:04 PM
foodstick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow you found that fast !

How about this one..I bought some Japanese free flight models in the late 70's ( all the instructions were I believe Japanese)They had a blow molded plastic fuselage with foam wings and tails.. REALLY nice WW2 birds. They even came with a gearbox on the prop setup so that the rubber bands would turn a BIG prop. I would say the Mustang I had was at least a 24 to 30 inch wing? I have not been able to find any info on those kits. They had some fighters and even multi engine bombers If I recall.. I would love to find out exactly who made them and other info..
Old 04-24-2015, 04:51 AM
stangman51

Thanks Art, That is plane I was asking about, I'll check around and see if i can purchase one for my grandson.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:57 PM
abacro

Not exactly sure of the exact model or manufacturer your looking for Foodstick,but here is a link to a site that has all types of rubber band powered planes.Hope this works for you!

Art
Old 04-24-2015, 08:15 PM
foodstick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh I am just trying to see if anyone else ever had the kit I found back in the mid to late 70's. It was such a unique kit at the time I keep thinking someone else will remember them. I had a lot of fun with that plane.