Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Brushless motor issues

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Brushless motor issues

Old 05-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Tundrahog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brushless motor issues

Have a Seawind, just got it out of storage. All channels work correctly. Throttle is not working correctly.

I arm the motor(full throttle, beeps. Close throttle, beeps). I try to increase throttle and the motor is jerking, little spin. Increase to half and the jerking just stops.

I just built a MIG15 and it has the same issues. Same Tx. This would point me to the transmitter, but everything looks good.?.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2015, 09:59 AM
mikey1964
My Feedback: (-1)

Sounds like the radio. Had the same thing happen to a radio that sat a long time. 72 mz Old futaba more then 10 years old.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Tundrahog

It was a connection issue from ESC to motor. On both planes.?. Glad it was not the Tx.

From WhiteCrest in Electric Aircraft forum:
If a brushless motor oscillates, one of the motor connections is bad and resoldering the connectors will often correct the problem.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2015, 02:58 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tundrahog View Post
Have a Seawind, just got it out of storage. All channels work correctly. Throttle is not working correctly.

I arm the motor(full throttle, beeps. Close throttle, beeps). I try to increase throttle and the motor is jerking, little spin. Increase to half and the jerking just stops.

I just built a MIG15 and it has the same issues. Same Tx. This would point me to the transmitter, but everything looks good.?.

Thanks
on the seawind it's typical symptoms of it getting wet,, on the jet??
Old 05-17-2015, 06:57 PM
jester_s1

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

You can check your throttle channel by plugging a servo into it. If the servo moves correctly, your transmitter is fine. Your symptoms could be a bad motor, bad ESC, or (less likely) a bad connection. I've had those symptoms with both a failing motor and a failing ESC, so I can say that both are suspect from personal experience.