Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

RC FOAMIES in a hot car ??

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RC FOAMIES in a hot car ??

Old 06-08-2015, 07:36 AM
yak11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC FOAMIES in a hot car ??

Anyone have experience in transporting rc foamies in a closed auto or trailer in summer? I am about to start an extended rv trip, and want to take a couple of my foam planes with me. They would be inside my towed auto, and my concern is the high temps inside during hot days. Will it damage or warp the foam, or cook any of the electronics? I would keep my LiPos inside the air conditioned rv.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:47 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

I had no problems transporting both conventional models and foamies in the luggage lockers on a Class A. Mexico to Alaska.

But we did try and avoid the worst of the heat
Old 06-08-2015, 11:51 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Transporting airplanes in a towed automobile is a bad idea ---- unless you use inside reflective opaque sun reflectors for all windows. Temps can easily soar over a 130 without and that is very bad for the electronics.

John