Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Old Magnum Pro 40 FSR-ABC

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Old Magnum Pro 40 FSR-ABC

Old 06-09-2015, 02:41 PM
doc8254

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Magnum Pro 40 FSR-ABC

I ordered new bearings for this engine that someone left in my clubs Field Box and was wondering if I should use some Loctite bearing set on each? Also, is there supposed to be an O ring between the carb and the bearing housing? There wasn't a Glo plug in it and need to know what that might be? Thanks for any help!
Old 06-10-2015, 05:25 AM
jester_s1

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

No need for bearing set. Glow engines are made for the bearings to be a tight fit in the crankcase. When you install the bearings, heat the crankcase to about 250 degrees in your oven before pressing in the bearing. That will expand it enough to let the bearing slide in and seat properly. You install the main bearing on the crank first, then slide the crank into the crankcase. Then you install the front bearing onto the crank and install the front end parts and tighten the prop nut quickly to seat and align everything.

Yes, all carburetors need an oring to prevent air leaks.

An OS #8 glow plug should work.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:18 PM
doc8254

Thanks! Now for the bearings to show up from Boca!
Now I'm wondering if this engine has a head gasket? Nothing there when I took it apart. If there is one req'd, where do I find one or use for a substitute?

Last edited by doc8254; 06-10-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: More questions after looking at the response
Old 06-10-2015, 10:44 PM
jester_s1

Download the manual online. It will show a head gasket in the exploded parts diagram if there should be one. There usually isn't though.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:09 AM
doc8254

The manual for that engine I cannot find. I looked at an exploded view of a .46 but it was a different type of engine.
Thanks again for your response! The older I get the more I worry about everything! lol
Old 06-11-2015, 07:52 PM
jester_s1

Well, normally there is no head gasket on an ABC engine. So you're probably fine without one.