Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Neodymium Magnets

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Neodymium Magnets

Old 06-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Neodymium Magnets

I see where magnets are used for holding hatches, doors and other things shut. I bought Neodymium magnets from Michaels craft store, 1/4" X 6.3MM high, they are quite strong for their size, warning on package says they can cause malfunction in medical devices, pacemakers, defibrillators and so on. Does any one know if they can interfere with ignition modules, kill switches and servos in close proximity to magnets. I know little about them and their types.

Thank you in advance.

L G
Old 06-23-2015, 09:37 PM
ByLoudDesign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Hardware....aspx?action=n
Old 06-26-2015, 06:31 AM
FlyWheel

I used neo magnets to hold the windows on m Miss and had no problems with the servos, which were only an inch or so away. I've never used them real close or in contact though.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:51 AM
Leroy Gardner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlyWheel View Post
I used neo magnets to hold the windows on m Miss and had no problems with the servos, which were only an inch or so away. I've never used them real close or in contact though.
Good to know others have used them Flywheel, things like this are good to know, thanks for responding.

LG
Old 06-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

I think the MOVEMENT of the magnetic field would be where the issue would lie. My guess, given the nature of magnetic fields, inductance, and stuff like that