Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

rcbearings.com

Old 08-02-2015, 08:25 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rcbearings.com

I need a couple new sets of bearings and in the past I had been using rcbearings.com but haven't used them in a couple years. Now I can't locate them and can't find any receipts to get the phone number. Anyone know if they are still in operation????
Old 08-03-2015, 03:07 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

did you see the pop up message?

[h=1]Down for Maintenance[/h]RCBearings store is currently unavailable due to family matters. It should be available again by August 8th, 2015.

We value you as a customer and will try to keep the closure as short as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Gray Beard

Of course I saw the pop up. Just felt like asking a question and checking if anyone else is paying attention.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Pylonracr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good answer Gene. If you are in a hurry Bocca Bearings is pretty reasonable as well.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:35 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

I purchased bearings from RC Bearings about a month ago. At that time their website was up. The bearings were shipped promptly.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:48 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gray Beard View Post
Of course I saw the pop up. Just felt like asking a question and checking if anyone else is paying attention.
Thought maybe you had a browser incompatibility issue or something,, but if you saw the pop up,, it answered your question,,, so why the thread??

Try them next week
Old 08-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Gray Beard

Originally Posted by Pylonracr View Post
Good answer Gene. If you are in a hurry Bocca Bearings is pretty reasonable as well.
I had some very bad luck with Boca and have never used them again. I started using RC and they are a bunch cheaper and good to deal with. I picked up a YS 91 parts engine and when I got it home I discovered someone started to install new bearings but didn't finish the job?? The engine even had a bunch of new parts in there bags, a couple sets of rockers and some diaphragms? Just simple items but for $20.00. I have a plane that this engine would love to fly but it can wait. While I'm doing bearings may as well do the ones in a YS 1.10 too.I have the Bowman rings on hand.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:41 AM
bikerbc

Bearings are pretty much standard . The bearings in our engines will also fit many other things. When I purchace bearings I go to a bearing store like BC Bearings and usually they will have them in stock . I imagine there are many bearing stores you could find in the phone book .There are tiny numbers along the edge of the bearing race that will tell you what size it is . Other than that take it in and they will mike it . I am not sure about ceramic bearings though . You may need to special order them . I found out about the big industural bearing supply stores when I was working in the saw mill purchaceing dept . After that I bought all my bearings there. The ones for my wheels in my dirt bike were way cheaper than getting them from the bike shop . I would bet it is the same with our engines . If we order the bearing as a part special for the engine it will be expensive but if we get the number from the bearing and go to a bearing supply store it will be quite a bit cheaper .
Old 08-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Gray Beard

Originally Posted by bikerbc View Post
Bearings are pretty much standard . The bearings in our engines will also fit many other things. When I purchace bearings I go to a bearing store like BC Bearings and usually they will have them in stock . I imagine there are many bearing stores you could find in the phone book .There are tiny numbers along the edge of the bearing race that will tell you what size it is . Other than that take it in and they will mike it . I am not sure about ceramic bearings though . You may need to special order them . I found out about the big industural bearing supply stores when I was working in the saw mill purchaceing dept . After that I bought all my bearings there. The ones for my wheels in my dirt bike were way cheaper than getting them from the bike shop . I would bet it is the same with our engines . If we order the bearing as a part special for the engine it will be expensive but if we get the number from the bearing and go to a bearing supply store it will be quite a bit cheaper .
Yep, I found out about these big supply stores around 1978 when I first got into sand dragsters. At that time I was building VW engines so I bought in quantity. The deal with RC.com is I like to work with the little guy and help keep them going when I can. RC also tossed in the cam bearings last time I ordered a set of just mains from him. That was cool of him. I didn't order the full set. I found a number of bearing stores on line but couldn't locate RC so I posted the question. I liked dealing with the fellow.
Any auto store will also order bearings for you if you have the number. When I lived in a little town in the mountains I got them through NAPA. This was before computers in every home. Mater of fact that little town still doesn't have a good puter service!! Or phone service. Or TV service. Fact is service is a word not know there!!