Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Prop advice

Old 08-15-2015, 12:07 PM
dwheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop advice

Good afternoon to all. I have a carbon z cub with floats. Power upgrade to power 60 and tallon esc. 110 amp. Yes overkill, 90 not in stock. Tried a 15x8 I believe it was, and dinged ends on runway. Not being an expert flyer, I want to go back to 15 inch. Actually the stock prop does ok, but would a 15x10 be better? Or a 15x8 even? I'm on floats right now and loving it as we live 15 feet from the lakeside. I know I should just try it, I have the 15x10. What is the going opinion on this? Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:08 PM
dwheeler

It was a 16 I dinged. Oops.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:22 PM
bikerbc

I have a Carbon Cub too .. If you are on floats they have tons of power with the stock prop . They come out of the water in just a few feet . I put a set of Du-bro 6" big wheels on mine to replace the rock hard stock tires. They help a lot and give you a bit more prop clearance . Mine seems to have enough anyway . Did you nose over ? Using up elevator while taxing helps , just be sure to release before takeoff . I am thinking about putting some articulating on mine .