Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Magnum .91 4stroke muffler extension

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Magnum .91 4stroke muffler extension

Old 08-23-2015, 03:32 PM
brrzee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum .91 4stroke muffler extension

Hi everyone need some input please. I need an exhaust extension for my muffler. Any recommends or experiences with some sort of high heat tubing to use on the muffler that will stay on.

Cheers
Old 08-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Since its an OS clone you may find one of these flex pipes work http://www.osengines.com/accessories...pes/index.html

Dennis
Old 08-23-2015, 08:11 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is also the exhaust deflectors on the tower site. The flex pipes are cool but require that you have the pipe hard mounted with something like plumbers tape onto a solid place like the fire wall or the vibration will break them in a hart beat.
I also use the Magnum header on my OS engines when I can't get a deal on the OS part. Problem with both of the brands are the threads are cut too deep and will break if they aren't hard mounted. It's the weight of the muffler and the vibration. Nothing new about it. I had a machinist friend make me one and it has lasted several years now.