Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How to extend high speed needle?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How to extend high speed needle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Jack_K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to extend high speed needle?

The high speed needle on my OS 46AX (not the AX II) is inside the cowl and I am unable to adjust it when the cowl is screwed on.

Is there any way to extend the needle?
Old 12-02-2015, 09:32 AM
jetmech05

There should be a hole in the middle of the knob and a set screw on the side. Take a piece of piano wire stick it in the hole and secure it with the set screw. Bear in mind you might have to first loosen the set screw. Put a small bend in the end of the wire so you have something to hold on to
Old 12-02-2015, 12:37 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most needle valves have the set screw and hole . If by chance you have one that doesn't you might try cutting a piece of fuel tube and slide ( fight ) it over the end of the needle valve and extend it to where you can get hold of it . That's an old trick from ucontrol days before the companies started making it easy for folks. lol ENJOY !!! RED
Old 12-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Jack_K

Originally Posted by red head
Most needle valves have the set screw and hole . If by chance you have one that doesn't you might try cutting a piece of fuel tube and slide ( fight ) it over the end of the needle valve and extend it to where you can get hold of it . That's an old trick from ucontrol days before the companies started making it easy for folks. lol ENJOY !!! RED
That's what I was thinking.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:03 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

You can also slot the end of it and put a drinking straw through the cowl as a guide. If you do the wire as mentioned above slide a piece of small fuel tubing over it so it wont eat the cowl up. Or grommet the cowl.

David
Old 12-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Jack_K

Originally Posted by daveopam
You can also slot the end of it and put a drinking straw through the cowl as a guide. If you do the wire as mentioned above slide a piece of small fuel tubing over it so it wont eat the cowl up. Or grommet the cowl.

David
More good ideas. I LOVE this forum!
Old 12-06-2015, 03:09 PM
crossman

I cut the head off of an allen head bolt and JB Welded to the needle on an OS 40FP. Then I could adjust it with a long handled allen wrench. Kept my fingers away from the prop. I have also used the music wire method as well.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:03 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
I do it like this!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GEE BEE R1.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	2136058