Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

GraphTech Carbon Fiber Gear Woes

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

GraphTech Carbon Fiber Gear Woes

Old 12-10-2015, 06:39 PM
paco ritter
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GraphTech Carbon Fiber Gear Woes

Anybody else have issues getting service, products or even a return email from these folks? I ordered a replacement gear (the GraphTech I had cracked) for my Lanier Laser 1/3 scale which was an extra $10 because it is no longer in the catalog and considered special order now. OK, I still need the gear, send it on. He told me order it asap because he was beginning a new run the following week. I ordered that day and got an invoice on Oct 8 via email. I still have no landing gear. I can't even get returns on to my questions of when can I expect to receive the gear. I am fed up. I need a source for either carbon fiber or aluminum for this gear if anyone has that info. This plane has been down almost 3 months waiting for a gear. Let me know if you can point me to another supplier. Paco Ritter.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:45 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

I have not had at problems with them, but I don't order landing gear only wings tubes
Old 12-11-2015, 03:32 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TnT will make a set of aluminum gear for you. http://www.tntlandinggear.com/

They recently made this gear, to my specs. Delivery was as promised.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	m_010.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	556.4 KB
ID:	2135352  
Old 12-11-2015, 01:11 PM
paco ritter
My Feedback: (51)

I have removed GraphTech from my favorites page and canceled my order. After 2.5 months and not even a word about when I can epect delivery, I have moved on to another option. Your suggestion compelled me to contact TNT for a custom gear. We'll see how that goes!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 01:13 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by paco ritter View Post
I have removed GraphTech from my favorites page and canceled my order. After 2.5 months and not even a word about when I can epect delivery, I have moved on to another option. Your suggestion compelled me to contact TNT for a custom gear. We'll see how that goes!!!
I forgot to mention that I have the best luck when I call my orders in to TnT. Many of these cutom RC businesses seem to be a bit slow on answering emails.