Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

AS3X Stabilization on EFlite Two Servo Brick

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

AS3X Stabilization on EFlite Two Servo Brick

Old 07-18-2016, 05:30 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AS3X Stabilization on EFlite Two Servo Brick

Maybe someone out there knows how to turn off the stabilization electronics on the small brick. I installed two separate receivers in a Guillows 28" span P51 neither one behaves correctly. I think the stabilization feature is causing much too much over driving of the surfaces to the point of crashing the plane. Thanks
Old 07-19-2016, 03:45 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm fairly sure the stabilization can't be turned off. That said, all it is is a set of rate gyros that dampen unwanted movement. Maybe they are reacting in the wrong direction? If you give the plane a sudden movement, do the control surfaces move correctly to counteract it?
Old 07-19-2016, 08:56 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Why do you say "brick"? That term, when applied to electronics, means that they are dead and useful only as a paper weight.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:29 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Actually that term was in frequent use during an earlier period in RC when many manufacturers produced modular units most often packaging two servos and a receiver together in a single unit. These were quite popular for gliders and airplanes without ailerons.

John
Old 07-19-2016, 02:13 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jet setter, they move as desired, just move too much. Even a small wind disturbance makes the model either zoom or go into a left spin. Interestingly it doesn't push down or go into a right spin....weird. One thing certain, it's practically impossible to fly which is a real shame. These small Guillows warbirds are really well designed and build into lookers.

I removed over 30 grams of weight from the parts during the build (around 30%), yet the model remained very strong. It has cartwheeled wing tip to wingtip almost every attempt at flight, and not a scratch. Over tall grass of course. I doped on light Esaki instead of the supplied tissue. Esaki is very strong and extremely light....love working with this material.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:11 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The compensation should be enough to cause that kind of control response. The gyro effect is only supposed to dampen unwanted movement a bit, not to actually change the plane's attitude. I'd double check that the compensation is going the right way, as in a sudden left yaw created by you on the ground results in right rudder being applied by the gyro. If that checks out, maybe you have some up thrust in the prop? If the power off glide is good and the CG is right, I could see up thrust causing it to climb uncontrollably under power and would also cause significant P factor would could explain the left spins.