Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hobbico Twin Star Narcelles

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hobbico Twin Star Narcelles

Old 08-02-2016, 02:27 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico Twin Star Narcelles

Does anyone have or have a idea as to where one might come with a pair of narcelles for this plane

Thanks Bob
Old 08-02-2016, 06:03 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob, Tower Hobbies still lists parts for the recently discontinued Hobbico Twinstar, however the nacelle parts are shown as "on order". I don't know if they will ever actually have any or if this is just a way to faze out the parts. A phone call to Tower talking to a live person might answer the question. Hope you "luck out".
Old 08-02-2016, 07:22 PM
bob62

We have contacted Tower today, they state that they are on back order. When we ordered two weeks ago it was the last of July. Today when we called the lady assured us they would get them but she could give no date. I think I will get some ply and just built them

Thanks Bob
Old 08-04-2016, 04:43 AM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bob62
I think I will get some ply and just built them

Thanks Bob

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a little Kit Bashing fun Bob. Maybe extending the nacelles a bit fore and aft. Aft big enough to accommodate a small tank now behind the spar and another forward plumbed in tandem for a net gain in tank capacity. sleeker looking nacelles and they do not have to be made of plywood. I have done plenty of them in balsa.

Just a thought

John
Old 08-04-2016, 03:28 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear the glow poweredTwinStar is discontinued. It is a nice model and a very easy way to get into twins.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:03 AM
JohnBuckner

Hmm, never say never. Seems it was quite a Pheonix. The first issue of the Twin Star was heck I think almost twenty years ago and I believe it was not a success only on the market for just that year. It was almost ten years later the re issue finally happened with a great success. I certainly hope it is not gone.

That would be sad since it is the only practical ARF glow twin trainer.

John
Old 08-05-2016, 06:50 AM
bob62

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner
Hmm, never say never. Seems it was quite a Pheonix. The first issue of the Twin Star was heck I think almost twenty years ago and I believe it was not a success only on the market for just that year. It was almost ten years later the re issue finally happened with a great success. I certainly hope it is not gone.

That would be sad since it is the only practical ARF glow twin trainer.

John
The nitro is history, it has been replaced with a electric model
Old 08-05-2016, 10:02 AM
JohnBuckner

Ya, I suspect so but maybe not all is lost. If they end up replacing it with the same basic airplane albeit with a less dense and lighter structure. That just might make for an improved airplane with the addition of glow engines in lieu of electric motors.

I too think using glow engines on a multi and the challenge of learning the techniques of sustained controlled single engine flight the whole point and attraction of flying multi's. Something very unlikely with electric power.

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 08-05-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:33 PM
52larry52

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The new electric Twinstar is much smaller then the glo powered one it replaced, not good for a glo engine conversion. I wanted one but procrastinated too long on buying it and "missed the boat"! Not the first model that I waited too long on buying, but then I have a stash pile in my shop of models that I didn't wait too long to buy and now I'am racing father time to get them built before it's too late. No Twinstar, oh well, I've got plenty to do.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:55 PM
JohnBuckner

Indeed.

John