Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Great Planes 231EX ARF

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Great Planes 231EX ARF

Old 11-12-2016, 05:17 PM
got2retire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great Planes 231EX ARF

Bought one in 98-99... A couple of years into flying it, it got away from me and the result was close to catastrophic.. Took the remains home, got some parts and assistance from GP back then and set about creating plans from the pieces and partially completed the rebuilding.

Life went on, years passed, and now it's complete the rebuild or give it to the trash man.

In the process of matting the wing to the newly built fuselage ( as exact a copy as humanly possible, replacement) I measured the wing incidence at a +3 degrees. Again, I believe I replicated the fuselage exactly but that amount of positive incidence seems excessive.

Since it's been so many years since I flew it, I can't remember much about how it flew. So....

Before I lessen the incidence or finish the way it is. I will add as a builder, I've rebuilt worse, but had more information.

I'm looking for some thoughts....