Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

anyone doing CNC, need help

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

anyone doing CNC, need help

Old 11-24-2016, 07:22 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default anyone doing CNC, need help

I am looking at a CNC machine for cutting ribs and parts, but no one can help me with programming. I want to take a current old kit, and copy the ribs to make new ones.

Not even the CNC company can tell me a good way to get the ribs into the computer to get them into the G code to get the machine to cut them properly. Is anyone doing it and can it be done some w.at easily? I haven't worked with cad systems in about 25 years and its like starting over.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Kinish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try starting with a program called "autodesk fusion 360" once you get the cad part right the program will make the g-code from it. i never did get the cad right so i just bend up dtfb. hopes this helps
Old 11-26-2016, 06:53 AM
jester_s1

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd think the spinning cutter bit of a CNC machine would split the balsa on your ribs. That's why laser cutting is so popular now.