Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

fm radio gear and e flight and converting my JR388 to 2.4GHz

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

fm radio gear and e flight and converting my JR388 to 2.4GHz

Old 11-30-2016, 01:11 AM
WedgetailOz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fm radio gear and e flight and converting my JR388 to 2.4GHz

hi All, I'm new to the forum and live in Melbourne Australia. I've got 2 qns I hope you can help with.
I'm buying a glider with a brushless motor and lipo batteries can I use my current fm RX and TX with this set up?
Do I need to use a 2.4Ghz system?
I have an fm JR388 Tx I'm very attached to and understand I can convert it to 2.4GHz by getting a module that clicks into the back and a matching Rx. Is this a straightforward conversion ?
Thanks
Old 11-30-2016, 03:52 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems using your radio. Just treat the install like your other planes. Now if the fuselage is carbon fiber you may have to route the antenna outside.

I've converted a few FM transmitters over to 2.4 using the modules. No issues. Just make sure you get a good brand and one that is compatible with JR.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:13 AM
WedgetailOz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi Brian , many thanks for your speedy reply. Could you recommend a module for a JR3888. These are 2 I've looked at:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/x8-2-4gh...module-rx.html

https://www.hyperionaustralia.com.au...rum/SPMMSJR720 I'd appreciate your thoughts Rosscoe
Old 11-30-2016, 04:34 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I mostly use Spektrum gear now, I started out with and still use the Assan 2.4 system . That system is rock solid and not very expensive. I've used the X8 receiver in 25% planes and the smaller receivers in everything else up to 90 size.
The system is limited to 9 channels but it served /serves me well.

The Spektrum module and family of receivers have the most options plus you have access to all of the bind-n-fly offerings (if that is important) plus it's a great system