Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Paintball gun sound effect?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Paintball gun sound effect?

Old 12-26-2016, 04:40 PM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Paintball gun sound effect?

I have picked up a beat up fully auto paintball marker that I would love to put into my 1/3 scale DRI just for the sound. I do not wish in ANY WAY to shoot things from my airplane. But is there anyone out there that has done the installation for sound effect? How much do I keep and what can I cut off. Can the trigger be pulled by servo, will the bolt slamming back and forth damager the airframe, etc, etc. I have never even fired a paintball marker, nor do I wish to, so all of the information I have is from the internet. Thanks for any information or pointing me in the correct direction.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:45 PM
R/C Art
My Feedback: (38)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Horsepoweraviation has done this conversion several times. He is without a doubt the master of this process.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:21 PM
jeffEE

Sweet, I will give horsepower a shout. Thanks.
Horsepower, I have sent a PM. Or if you like, an answer in this thread for others to read would be kewl also.

Last edited by jeffEE; 12-26-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Horsepoweraviation
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff
Give me your # I will call you
HPA
Old 12-29-2016, 02:14 PM
jeffEE

Well, thanks for the thought, but it looks like the paintball marker I picked up has a bad circuit board and it would cost more to fix it than I want to invest. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:04 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

FWIW, it's pretty easy to pick up parts from www.pbnation.com. Those guys take their guns apart all the time and sell off the stock parts so they can replace them with more expensive aftermarket parts that do the same thing. I was into paintball for a while, and saw all kinds of marker part outs there.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:14 AM
jeffEE

Well after tearing it down and looking at it, I found out that the battery connection had a broken wire. That was all it needed. But now that it works, I need to figure out how to adapt it. It has an on/off button on one side and a semi/auto button on the other. When the on button is pushed it only fires single shots until the auto button is pushed. So unless there is a way to reach into the airframe before each flight( and there isn't ) I would have to turn it on during assembly and leave it on all day. Not really an option I think. But at least I have it working, and I am starting to strip it down for less weight. Getting it to pull the trigger is easy. Finding room and getting the CG correct, that will take some doing.