Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Setting savings problems with Futaba T8J

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Setting savings problems with Futaba T8J

Old 02-18-2017, 08:27 PM
Sawtooth
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting savings problems with Futaba T8J

Got a Futaba T8J in December and was imputing the flight settings for my models and have discovered that it is not saving the settings. If I go from model to model and then turn the transmitter off, the settings disappear when I turn the unit back on. I viewed a Utube video demonstration walk through and the guy was not doing anything specific to save the settings after imputing them.
Any ideas?
thanks
Old 02-19-2017, 07:48 AM
DaveHickey

I have a 10J that sets similarly and for many of the settings you get a "sure?" after the initial selection. If you don't press the button again it doesn't set. Ex: select model you increment up and down thru the list with the +/- buttons. When you see the selection you want you press the big button. The tx now displays "sure?" above your selection and it won't take until you press the bug round button again to make the "sure?" go away and keep the selection.

Hope that helps...
D.H.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Sawtooth

Thanks for the reply. I will look more closely as I go through the settings. I did notice that command when I change models. The manual showed the command of "end", "end" for some edits. The guy in the video stated that when you depress the "end" button the toggle button will blink signifying that the edit has been saved. I've got an email in to Futaba tech support so hopefully it will get resolved. I'm going to go back and review the "system reset" function to see if I inadvertently did something dumb when I was messing around with it. Thanks again
Old 02-20-2017, 08:35 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When you've made any changes to a model, when you exit back to the main menu, the changes should be saved. When you turn off the transmitter from the main menu, the settings should be saved during the shutdown procedure. If you do it all properly and the settings are not being saved, then the transmitter has a problem in the processor or memory chips. It should be sent to the service center.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:15 AM
Sawtooth

I got your email and I have boxed the unit up in an old Futaba transmitter box that I had kept. It will be on it's way today.
Thanks for your response.