Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

gryo using two channels on eleavtors

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

gryo using two channels on eleavtors

Old 06-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Skyhawk940

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gryo using two channels on eleavtors

Building a Kaos 90. Using two servos and two channels (ele and aux1) for the elevators. I would love to try a 3axis gyro, but I don't think it will work on the elevator, second channel. Any ideas?????? NO, splitters on ele channel!

Skyhawk940
Sandusky, OH
Old 06-02-2017, 06:22 AM
crawler tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyhawk940
Building a Kaos 90. Using two servos and two channels (ele and aux1) for the elevators. I would love to try a 3axis gyro, but I don't think it will work on the elevator, second channel. Any ideas?????? NO, splitters on ele channel!

Skyhawk940
Sandusky, OH
You didn't mention what TX you are using but I can verify that FrSky S6R and S8R receivers have dual elevator and dual aileron capability. And for only $28 bucks I might add...
Old 06-06-2017, 06:53 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The CORTEX 3-Axis Aircraft Gyro Stabilization System, from PowerBox Systems, bd-cortex - Chief Aircraft Inc.

Also avalible from DreamWorks RC jets as well as at least one other three D type supplier. Not cheap the Cortex from the german Bavarian Devil company will do exactly what you want and so much more plus the installation is super simple and the programing is far simpler than most others. The $250 unit supports five stabilized channels and the $300 unit supports 16 stabilized channels.

I am flying them in two of my turbine aircraft and they are remarkable. Some friends are also using them in large 3D stuff as well as scale types quite successfully.

John
Old 06-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Skyhawk940

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm old school, I use a 72MZ, JR 6 chan. I also have a modern Spektrum 6 chan that I may use, need a receiver. Will the Spektrum AS3X receiver work for me? Thanks for the info. I'm new to gyros in planes.

Mike

Last edited by Skyhawk940; 06-09-2017 at 06:14 PM.