Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Need advice/help with Triton EQ charger

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Need advice/help with Triton EQ charger

Old 03-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Norm Nestie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice/help with Triton EQ charger

Started using my Triton charger again and can't figure out how 5to turn the timer off. It seems that if I'm trying to discharge or charge a NiCad or NIMH pack at a lower rate, say .1A or .2A the charger goes into an "ERROR, Time out" message after an hour and a half. Iknow that I can set the charge or discharge rate higher, say .5A to deal with a 750mah pack but would like to use a slower rate if I can get the unit to keep functioning past the 90 minute. If I go to the Data View screen and scroll down to TIMER it will show ON in solid letters and if I press the Enter button the ON sign will flash. Either way, doesn't seem to make any difference, and what I would like to see is the word OFF come up. But unable to get it to do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Might be getting to old for this. Thanks
Old 03-02-2018, 04:21 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Don't know your charger but if ON flashes after pressing enter that usually means you have selected that parameter. Then to change it usually use the (+/inc or -/dec) buttons to change it.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:50 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a few older versions and there is a way to to change the time out feature. I set mine to 4 hrs. on two of them but forgot how on the third charger. Maybe it is on the instructions somewhere. There were a bunch of delta settings to change on the correct mode. (whatever that means) I think AJ Clark is right about using the + - button when ON flashes.

Last edited by aspeed; 03-03-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:18 PM
amscat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triton EQ timer

When the display shows Timer 'ON', press the Enter button till 'ON' flashes; the press the INC (up) button. The Timer will now show 'OFF', and you're good to go. Unfortunately you have to do this each time you have a charge or discharge session.