Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

shipping Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

shipping Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 08:06 AM
maktec
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipping Questions

I am looking for information on shippment of 60 size and up airplanes, how to. I thought there was a link for this. Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Old 09-29-2003, 12:32 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: shipping Questions

Yeah, I remeber a thread on this too, might have been under the old 'RCAirport' forums, but that should have moved over too.

The first thing is to find a shopper who'll do a crate that big. Since it won't wiegh all that much, it'll be shipped by volume. You may need to look at 'shipping / freight companies, as Purolator, Fed Ex or UPS might not handle something so lage. Also depends on where you shipping it to.

Ideally, a large crate, where just to top pops off, and everythign inside wll packed and paddded for shipment. Don't forget to add blocks under the crate, so a forklift can pick it up.

I would strap it / anchor it to teh base somehow, keeping in mind that supports are under main structural points (to minimize damages, and hold it securly) Wrop teh wing in LOTS OF bubble wrap. remove teh engine too, and box in separately in teh crate.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:57 AM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Default RE: shipping Questions

I have had the best luck using Greyhound Bus lines. It's cheap and involves less handling (abuse) of the package than with other carriers with automated equipment. I also have had good luck with FedEx Ground. Their rates are reasonable, and they'll take some pretty big boxes. UPS and USPS rates seem to say..."GO AWAY", and, I have experienced many damaged crates with their service. In any case, after being involved with shipping, and receiving planes...I believe that it is far more pleasant to just sell it locally. Even if you get less $ for it, the wear and tear on your nerves is worth quite a lot. After all, this isn't a business...it's just a sport.
Have fun, and good luck.