Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Wing Bag Woes

Old 10-03-2019, 12:44 AM
djmp69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing Bag Woes

Why is it so hard now to find a good wing bag without spending so much money? Anything 50cc and up you're looking at at least $80-$100. I find this simply really ridiculous since I have a couple of Hobby-Pak double wing bags that are STILL in GREAT condition after 9 years. And trust me, this plane gets flown ALOT. And they only cost me $50-$60 a piece. So don't give me that you get what you pay for crap to justify price gouging. Too bad they aren't around anymore from what I can tell. Anybody know of a place to get a wing bag for 50cc-100cc planes and the company is not trying to send their kinds to college by deflating your dime?
Old 10-04-2019, 02:46 PM
jester_s1

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I think you've answered your own question.
You paid $60 10 years ago for a decent set from a company that didn't make enough money to stay in business. We've had some inflation since then, so it's probably more like $70.
Cheap Chinese manufacturing isn't as helpful as it used to be. That's making the price of all manufactured goods go up.
You want quality materials and manufacturing, so that costs money. The company has to make money too. I highly doubt there is big profit to be had in a $100 set of wing bags. Make a set yourself and figure up what your time was worth.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:00 PM
djmp69

Heh, heh. So which company do you work for?

Last edited by djmp69; 10-04-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:02 PM
djmp69

Originally Posted by jester_s1 View Post
I think you've answered your own question.
You paid $60 10 years ago for a decent set from a company that didn't make enough money to stay in business. We've had some inflation since then, so it's probably more like $70.
Cheap Chinese manufacturing isn't as helpful as it used to be. That's making the price of all manufactured goods go up.
You want quality materials and manufacturing, so that costs money. The company has to make money too. I highly doubt there is big profit to be had in a $100 set of wing bags. Make a set yourself and figure up what your time was worth.
Heh, heh. So which company do you work for? Anyway, that's my point. Its just like the apple craze. Through marketing, they've duped everybody into thinking the only way you can get quality products is by buying into their overpriced, cleverly marketed products. It seems that YOU have MISSED the point. The point is that you DO NOT have to spend that much to get a good quality product, yet get the right marketing team and everyone will come running and ignore the lower priced quality stuff out of business. It has nothing to do with inflation. If that were the case, the same $100 wingbag you speak of would be over $200 now, yet they have been the same price for the same 10 years. My point is they spent the same money to make a quality bag, and mine cost $40 less, and is still in great shape. And I didnt pay extra for the company name and fancy logos, etc...

Last edited by djmp69; 10-04-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:26 AM
jester_s1

Right, and the company that was selling them for $60 is out of business. What part of that are you missing?
Like I said, make a set yourself and see how the value works out. I cut up a moving blanket from Harbor Freight for mine because I wanted something cheap. It works, but it doesn't look nice and doesn't have the zipper and other features. It's not cheap to make these things.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:29 PM
djmp69

Originally Posted by jester_s1 View Post
Right, and the company that was selling them for $60 is out of business. What part of that are you missing?
Like I said, make a set yourself and see how the value works out. I cut up a moving blanket from Harbor Freight for mine because I wanted something cheap. It works, but it doesn't look nice and doesn't have the zipper and other features. It's not cheap to make these things.
Here we go loop de loop. I'm not missing anything except why people are continually suckered into paying more for something simply because of an obligation to big name brands. You're right, that company is out of business. Because of those that ignored them because they weren't big time. I'm not saying the bags are cheap to make, so you're not saying a thing people dont know. What I'm saying is that they aren't as expensive to make as these other companies make them out to be, and I hate buying into hype and cliches. I know I'm not going to find something good for $20, but the prices of these bags are ridiculous. Ever notice how all the companies that sell them have similar pricing? They copy off each other and sell at such prices because they know people like you will pay. What part of that are YOU missing? This is not about engines, or servos, it's about a WINGBAG for goodness sake.

By your logic, AeroWorks should still be in business...

Besides, I started this thread because I wanted to find out if there is a good quality reasonably priced wing bag out there. I know it's possible because it's been done. I didnt start it as an avenue for you to try to brainwash me into unnecessarily spending more money than I should.

Last edited by djmp69; 10-05-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:07 PM
jester_s1

Maybe you just shouldn't buy any wingbags then. At least not until a company starts selling them for $60 again.

Or you could get these.

https://www.banggood.com/Bubble-Prot...r_warehouse=CN