Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How to store plunger type epoxies

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How to store plunger type epoxies

Old 10-17-2019, 09:20 AM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to store plunger type epoxies

Most of the epoxies come with 2 tubes in a plunger configuration. I hate this packaging because it so wasteful for small amounts. I usually end up wasting the first 1/2 inch or more due to clogged nozzle especially after storing for some time.
Is there a way to store these tube for long periods?

I prefer separate tubes anytime.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:45 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Devil is in the details. It sounds like to me that you’re not paying attention to the cap when it comes off, and cross contaminating the epoxy. Thus it cures or clogs a small amount in the tip. I mark the cap with a permanent marker on which is right and left. I also clean the exit ports with MEK, denatured alcohol, etc before putting the cap back on after use.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:50 AM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
Devil is in the details. It sounds like to me that you’re not paying attention to the cap when it comes off, and cross contaminating the epoxy. Thus it cures or clogs a small amount in the tip. I mark the cap with a permanent marker on which is right and left. I also clean the exit ports with MEK, denatured alcohol, etc before putting the cap back on after use.
I definitely mark the ports and careful to insert the caps correctly but have not cleaned the ports with solvent before replacing caps. Will try it the next time. Do you store with plunger down ?
Old 10-17-2019, 12:09 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I relieve the pressure off of the gun.