Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Low wing electric prop foamie to learn with?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Low wing electric prop foamie to learn with?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 12:27 PM
Masterguns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low wing electric prop foamie to learn with?

Howdy, gents.... Masterguns here with another question. Which type of electric prop foamie low wing do you think would be a good baseline plane to use to get used to low wing characteristics again? 3S minimum. Obviously there aren’t many low wing basic trainers. I’m just looking for something relatively inexpensive which would limit the size. I have all the electronics other know how needed to get one in the air. It could be a war bird like the T-28 or Slow Poke type or something fairly forgiving until I get used to their characteristics. I’m just a general flight RC pilot with no specific expertise right now. Thinking too much into this?

All I own that’s low wing now is the 64mm Arrows Marlin EDF trainer put away for future use. Not worried too much about a super scale down to the last rivet. Just something I won’t loose sleep over if I crash it. I’m too used to high wing types. Tri or tail dragger? Retract or flaps? Maybe something from Hobby King? That would be blasphemy for me since I usually order my planes from Horizon 99% of the time. Please share you thoughts & experiences learning low wing characteristics & opinions as to brand or specific plane. Thanks again for your help!

S/F,
Masterguns
Old 03-11-2020, 06:25 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The Horizon T-28 is perfect for what you want. It's pretty forgiving and has a wide flight envelope.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:39 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

The Parkzone T-28 is a great choice. Like many Horizon Hobby great products, they have discontinued it. You may still be able to find one on a hobby shop shelf but you can still find them advertised for sale in R/C classifieds.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:33 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Many guys used pattern airplanes as jet trainers.

https://www.activepowersports.com/fm...saAg1UEALw_wcB