Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Doubt about blueprint.

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Doubt about blueprint.

Old 07-04-2020, 01:59 PM
stearman70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doubt about blueprint.

Hello. I'm starting to build an airplane, but I can't clearly look at the division between the fuselage and the part of the wings that is disassembled along with a part of the fuselage.Can someone help me clarify this? I send you the blueprint.
Attached Files
Old 07-04-2020, 05:06 PM
R/C Pilot 304

Looks like f-8 to f-5 builds a removable cockpit area, plans are not real clear—bet once you start the build it will become clearer, good luck, plan builds are always fun and you will have something no one else has !
Old 07-04-2020, 07:56 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 93 Likes on 90 Posts

I have to agree with R/C Pilot. F-5 is one end of a removable area and F-8 is the other. Now, with that said, if you look at the trailing(lower) edge of the wing, you can see a notched out area. Unless I'm badly mistaken, that notched area fits inside the fuselage and is secured with three wing bolts. The plan isn't that confusing, it's just a different configuration than most airplanes. Most planes would have the wing removable from the outside of the fuselage and held in with alignment pins and wing tubes. The designer apparently didn't want to deal with that and also has pushrods with bell cranks to operate the ailerons so a solid wing was probably a better option
Old 07-05-2020, 03:33 AM
stearman70

Hello, thanks for your answers. Other thing, I see the first bolt´head is updown and the second, is up side. The wing is open on bottom between W2 formers. My ask is, how I´ll put the first bolt if fusejage is closed on bottom.? New ask, if I put the wing first into rear notch, How can I introduce the leading edge after.? I think that the wing is go down inclined first to the front. Is this correct ?
Old 07-05-2020, 06:46 AM
R/C Pilot 304

download_file.asp?planID=7814&FileType=Supp&Filename=Heath_Baby_Bullet-FM-07-68_oz7814_article.pdf

See the above website for the original article on this plane, has some very good pictures which will answer lots of questions—the cockpit is attached to the one piece wing for example. Construction is very old school, on the wing l would use a micro servo for each aileron and get rid of the bell cranks, never liked , hard to keep tight tolerance’s.
Enjoy your build, should be fun!!
Old 07-05-2020, 06:49 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

The front wing hold down block in the fuselage appears to be notched. It looks as if the nylon screw remains in the wing and simply slides into the notch. Not a bad idea except that there is no draft angle to the formers so during wing attachment it must drop straight down. The plans also don't show the notch that will be required at the wing leading edge. Do you plant to go glow power or electric? If going electric power you would need a cooling air exit in the bottom of the fuselage. That cooling air exit would provide access to that screw.
The following users liked this post:
R/C Pilot 304 (07-05-2020)
Old 07-05-2020, 08:28 AM
stearman70

I found the article about
baby bullet, but in the image, the wing is apparently smaller on its leading edge as it enters the fuselage without entering forward.

Old 07-13-2020, 01:24 PM
carlgrover

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This one was a toughie. Designed by Nick Ziroli himself. As was stated above, it looks like the leading edge of the wing is going to have to be notched in order for the wing to drop straight down into the fuse. Some careful measuring ought to prove that out. The notch is not shown in the plans. The cockpit is glued to the wing too. The article mentions that it is not for a novice. I guess not if the plans don't show it like it should be.

I never have cared much for Ziroli's plans. Maybe i'm not a good enough builder but there usually is some information lacking in them.

carl
Old 07-13-2020, 01:52 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 93 Likes on 90 Posts

Let me throw this at you. Don't glue the cockpit to the wing but, instead, attach it with magnets. Use four wing mounting bolts to hold the wing in place and then attach the cockpit with magnets. This would give you the security of having a solidly mounted wing along with easy access to the bolts.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:59 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
Let me throw this at you. Don't glue the cockpit to the wing but, instead, attach it with magnets. Use four wing mounting bolts to hold the wing in place and then attach the cockpit with magnets. This would give you the security of having a solidly mounted wing along with easy access to the bolts.
Not a bad idea if going electric power, if going glow power I would look for a different solution. Perhaps bolt the wing on then bolt the cockpit on using additional hard points in the wing. Maybe even use a couple of these latches.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 07-13-2020 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:22 PM
stearman70

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
Not a bad idea if going electric power, if going glow power I would look for a different solution. Perhaps bolt the wing on then bolt the cockpit on using additional hard points in the wing. Maybe even use a couple of these latches.

That isn´t the trouble. The problem is that the leading edge does not enter the fuselage. If you look at the image, the leading edge and the wing, it enters almost two inches through the former.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:26 PM
speedracerntrixie

Stearman, a couple of us have already told you that the wing will have to be notched so that section of the fuselage will fit into the leading edge/center of the wing.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:32 PM
speedracerntrixie

This picture may clear things up a bit.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:35 PM
stearman70

Default Doubt about blueprint

Stearman, a couple of us have already told you that the wing will have to be notched so that section of the fuselage will fit into the leading edge/center of the wing.
I thought it would be the best solution. I'll evaluate how much work I'll invest, or maybe I'll look for another plane. Thank you all for your answers
Old 07-13-2020, 04:38 PM
stearman70

Default Doubt about blueprint

This picture may clear things up a bit.
ˇ Good picture and beatiful plane ! Thanks again.