Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Club membership required for glow fuel planes?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Club membership required for glow fuel planes?

Old 07-21-2020, 11:41 AM
obrien135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Club membership required for glow fuel planes?

Spoiler

did you build a glow fuel airplane do you have to fly it at a club or can you fight in a park?
Old 07-21-2020, 01:04 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Most parks don't permit glow/gas planes, some don't even permit electric planes, unless they are hosting a club
Old 07-23-2020, 05:49 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by obrien135 View Post
Spoiler

did you build a glow fuel airplane do you have to fly it at a club or can you fight in a park?
Yeah,, that would sure depend on the park and how close to houses it is,,, you can be pretty sure if it's close,, neighbors are going to call to complain about the noise eventually,,

A side from that,, a 5-6lbs and up airplane is a hazard to people,, so if this park is populated with people flying any type of aircraft could be a bad idea depending on how much open space you have,, buzzing any type of craft over people makes us all look bad, so please don't

Join a club,, fly in a safe and controlled area,, it's better for you and everyone else

good luck
Old 07-24-2020, 05:36 AM
obrien135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think you're right

I think I should stop flying until I join a club. All I fly is a sport Cub S2 by horizon hobby and there are a lot of houses around that Park usually not many people unless there's a ball game going on but there are a lot of houses and things around the buildings I guess what you're saying would apply to that kind of a situation too so I guess I won't fly anymore until I join the club
Old 07-24-2020, 04:12 PM
ziggy138

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow power

Join a club, fact you asked this question show you have a lot to learn and a good club will give you all the help you need and a SAFE place to fly. Good luck and safe flying.