Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Trickle charger

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Trickle charger

Old 03-27-2021, 04:52 PM
GhostriderBravo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Trickle charger

Gentlemen. Back in the 90's and early 2000's there use to be a small trickle charger. It was white plastic about a inch square and about 3/8" thick. Had a cord to plug it into your wall plug. It had a RX with a red light and a lead. A TX with a red light and a lead. Once you have plugged in your Receiver battery and your Transmitter battery the red lights would come on and when your batteries were fully charged you unplug your charger and plug in your trickle charger which kept your batteries fully charged until the next time you fly no matter how long that might be. Can you still get them if so where from.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:26 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

This,, https://www.ebay.com/itm/15403289179...oaAnXvEALw_wcB

Old 03-28-2021, 11:04 AM
carlgrover

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have several of those but i have the old timey ones that you have to flip the switch to trickle.

carl
Old 03-28-2021, 11:42 AM
rgburrill

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Every charger I got with my radio systems (Airtronix and Hitec) already did that so I never had to buy a separate one. Always thought they were useless.
Old 03-28-2021, 03:39 PM
GhostriderBravo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trickle Charger

Originally Posted by carlgrover View Post
I have several of those but i have the old timey ones that you have to flip the switch to trickle.

carl
Could you please post some photos of them and describe how they would hook up to a Futaba transmitter and a receiver and a CIRRUS transmitter and receiver. And do they charger and trickle and where to they get there power.