Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DLG Flight time

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DLG Flight time

Old 04-18-2021, 05:03 PM
Fishgod123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLG Flight time

I'm just wondering how much runtime I could get with a 300mah 2s on a DLG with 3 9g servos. Assuming just regular gliding around and stuff, nothing fancy. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2021, 05:37 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

That's actually a fairly tough question. I know with my 3.4 meter Supra a calm morning flight will consume less current then an afternoon flight with more air movement. What I would suggest is on a full charge get 30 minutes of flight time and then charge back up. Hopefully you have a charger that will tell you what it takes to top it off. From there it should be fairly easy to figure out how much flight time you can do safely. Typically allow 25% safety margin.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:43 PM
Fishgod123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the quick answer. I do have a good charger that gives me all the info. Just wanted to make sure that it would be a reasonable amount of flight time as this will be my first non powered aircraft. Otherwise I'd consider purchasing a slightly larger battery at the cost of some weight. Honestly anything over 30 minutes is plenty as that's what i usually get on my powered planes. Thanks again!
Old 04-18-2021, 06:07 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

Not much sailplane/glider activity on RCU. I'm glad I stumbled onto your post.