Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

servo twitches?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

servo twitches?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 07:21 PM
astronut
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default servo twitches?

A member had posted a question about a problem he was having with servos:"After more unplugging and plugging, I find if I take out the y harness and plug one aileron at a time it will sit there all night quiet. Plug the y harness in (which I really need to fly this plane) and all **** hits the fan. Meaning servos acting with no inputs.Oh, since learning this I have changed the y harness out three times also, with same results. I don't think it's ducts or something like that, I've been doing this for many years building and testing in the same room. Never had a problem like this."

Did you ever get this resolved? The thread turned into a shouting match so I didn't read the whole thing. One possible cause is if the servo sees low voltage on the signal wire due to the additional resistance caused by an extension/y-harness. This shows up on cheaper extensions which dont have gold plated contacts. Ive also had spurious emissions from a radio interfere with the servo pulses coming out of the rx, but only when the tx is very close.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:04 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I had the same problem and it did turn out to be low voltage.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:17 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

The OP stated that changing out the ESC fixed the issue. I suspect that his original ESC had too high of a BEC voltage. Unfortunately he never returned to confirm. Yes sadly some threads get nasty. In this case the drama was caused by a troll that has since been banned. A few individuals from the AMA forum sometimes like to start drama with others from time to time.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:17 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I can think of two or three individuals that are very guilty of that Speed though, to leave that in the AMA forum, I won't throw anyone under the bus here

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 06-08-2021 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:31 PM
speedracerntrixie

Hydro, you do realize how long it's been since I posted anything in the AMA forum right? BTW, where is your buddy Retired? Was he honest with you about who he really was?
Old 06-08-2021, 07:55 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Hydro, you do realize how long it's been since I posted anything in the AMA forum right? BTW, where is your buddy Retired? Was he honest with you about who he really was?
How about we leave that out of this thread? Don't need to muddy the waters here now do we?
Old 06-09-2021, 03:05 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
So please, share with us your learned theory of who "he really was?"
Old 06-09-2021, 04:04 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
How about we leave that out of this thread? Don't need to muddy the waters here now do we?

LOL, I suppose you are right. Why would you want the truth to come out. It could be slightly embarrassing to you and others to know that a previously banned member created a troll account and joined your little band of brothers. Since he joined the narrative all of you were blind to the reality of who he was and what he was doing. Funny how when Mach5nchimchim showed up how a couple of your brothers threw accusations out that it was me with a troll account. Yet when a troll account shows up singing the the right tune you guys welcome him with open arms.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 06-09-2021 at 04:11 AM.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:09 AM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by franklin_m
So please, share with us your learned theory of who "he really was?"

Typical Franklin carefully worded response. Includes the word " theory " to cast doubt. Zero doubt that the troll has been banned.