Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Primer for Klass Kote paint

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Primer for Klass Kote paint

Old 06-13-2021, 08:00 AM
rkcruit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Primer for Klass Kote paint

For those that have painted their planes with Klass Kote, what primer have you used other than the Klass Kote primer? Anything compatible found at Home Depot/Lowes or the auto parts store? If so, what specific manufacturer and type. I will be applying it over Sig nitrate and Koverall.Thank you.
Ken
Old 06-13-2021, 08:03 AM
rkcruit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Primer for Klass Kote

For those that have painted their planes with Klass Kote, what primer have you used other than the Klass Kote primer? Anything compatible found at Home Depot/Lowes or the auto parts store? If so, what specific manufacturer and type. I will be applying it over Sig nitrate and Koverall.Thank you.
Ken
Old 06-13-2021, 08:19 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 75 Likes on 71 Posts

For a primer under Klass Kote, you will need an epoxy primer or Klass Kote primer. Nothing out of a spray can is going to work with the exception of the Sparay Max 2K primer. The only thing in a spray can that is chemically compatible is lacquer primer but then you end up with adhesion issues. The Klass Kote primer would be my choice as it comes in white, if trying to match any specific color you get much better results applying color over a white base.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:15 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

You do realize that you have posted the same thread in three forums and that is not allowed. It's called "spamming" and can result in all of your threads being deleted, or worse. You may want to contact the admins about having the responses moved to one thread and deleting the other two
Old 06-13-2021, 03:20 PM
Top_Gunn
My Feedback: (6)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why do you need a primer? You can apply Klass Kote directly over Koverall sealed with nitrate dope.
Old 06-14-2021, 01:27 PM
jester_s1

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Hydro Junkie is right- posting the same thread in multiple forums is against the forum rules.
Childish bickering deleted.
Threads merged.
Move on.

Last edited by jester_s1; 06-14-2021 at 01:48 PM. Reason: To explain deleted posts