Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Uneven weighted wings

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.
View Poll Results: DLG wing unbalanced and lighter, or balanced but heavier (+17g)
Unbalanced but light
25.00%
Balanced but heavy
75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Uneven weighted wings

Old 07-05-2021, 10:26 AM
Fishgod123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uneven weighted wings

Question: is it better to keep a DLG lighter but have wings of uneven weight, or heavier but balanced?

​​​I made some fiberglass DLG wings, and applied more resin to the second wing since I wasn't pleased with the adhesion to the foam core on the first. Without realizing it, I ended up putting way too much with the second wing being 17g heavier than the first. Hoping that I don't have to redo it, am I better off keeping the DLG lighter and unbalanced, or heavier and balanced. Bare in mind it's a 1.5m DLG, with a total weight at 240g

Last edited by Fishgod123; 07-05-2021 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:45 AM
rgburrill

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

That 17 grams is spread over the entire wing. You can add about half the extra weight at the wing tip to get the wings CG balanced.
The following users liked this post:
Fishgod123 (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 01:17 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm not familiar with that air fame but if the fuse in not balance laterally there may be some help there. Last profile I built for example has a 26cc engine off to one side so I mounted the battery in the other wing.

David