Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Newbie reciever issue

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Newbie reciever issue

Old 08-04-2021, 11:53 AM
cunnington2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie reciever issue

Hey guys, pretty new to flying planes, I have the hobbyzone apprentice mini, so far so good until yesterday I got it all set up to go, got distracted talking and stupidly left it all on for about 15 mins just sat there, I then went to fly it and nothing wants to work, reciever light isn't on, tried binding it, nothing, it's as if no power is getting to the reciever?? Any help appreciated, Cheers Matt
Old 08-04-2021, 12:54 PM
Lee Taylor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Reference:

I do not know what they are doing now days. I am coming back after a 40 year layoff. Back in the day receiver voltage was critical and you did not fly unless your receiver battery read 5.5 volts on an Expanded Scale Voltmeter. I am sure things have changed

Just offhand it sounds like you have a dead receiver battery or a broken circuit

Last edited by Lee Taylor; 08-04-2021 at 12:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
cunnington2010 (08-04-2021)
Old 08-04-2021, 05:43 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Running 15 min idle shouldn't have caused any problems. Evidently something is not right now. You can disconnect the esc from the receiver. Then connect a 4.8v battery directly to the receiver. Then do the binding. If things are good then . Probably trouble in esc or battery. If nothing works after the rebinding. Then probably trouble in receiver, servo, or your binding procedure.