Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
2 questions about Castle Phoenix Edge HV 160… >

2 questions about Castle Phoenix Edge HV 160…

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

2 questions about Castle Phoenix Edge HV 160…

Old 06-08-2024, 01:49 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2 questions about Castle Phoenix Edge HV 160…

1) Are the mosfets /electronics in the newer production units (the boxes marked 6-2020) better or improved over the older boxes marked 12-2015 like I have? To paraphrase a comment I read once in an old thread by somebody who sells this stuff “.…yea, if you have one from 10 years ago, Castle didn’t have the better mosfets as they do now…” To the inexperienced like me who don’t fly BIG electrics, these Castle HV160 ESC ‘s through the years all look the same to me when placed side by side, & I have no experience using them.

2) Has anybody removed the fan on their HV 160 fan ESC? My ESC w/fan will NOT slip down into my plane with that bulging hump. I don't want to cut a hatch in the fuse from below to get it in. I see Castle sells factory ESC plastic cases on their website. I’m under the impression if I buy that replacement plastic casing I can remove the built-in fan face and modify the ESC to the regular slimmer Phoenix Edge HV160 w/o fan.

The current production indicates a 2020 production. Is the newer production built more resistant to burn-out then the older? The ESC with or w/o fan all look the same when compared side to side regardless of the year they're made.

Last edited by rustyrivet; 06-08-2024 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2024, 11:29 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've got to love this place...lol. There's currently 19,212 "guests" online here, but actually just 84 members spread- out throughout this whole website. Hmmm.... I wonder why threads get no replies after hundreds of views?
It takes maybe 3-4 minutes to sign up?? RC people are a strange lot. lol