Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Robart Hinge points installation

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Robart Hinge points installation

Old 10-06-2003, 08:59 PM
aerobatic 3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart Hinge points installation

Can anyone tell me the best way to install Robart hinge ponts, I have a drill gig for the hinge points. I need to know step by step procedure, I'll be using epoxy glue is this good? Anything you can tell me I will be thankful to hear. I'll be putting these on a Magic extra 300 by Model Tech. and a U Can Do 3D by Great planes.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Robart Hinge points installation

Just gt through doing that on a regular Magic. On the elevator for example, on the bottom, line up the elevator with the stab.Make a line with a ballpoint pen across the two where you want the hinges. I think I used five. Drill the 1/8 in. holes. On the elevator half, with a 3/16 in. drill with your fingers in about a 1/4 in. so the hinge pin is level with the leading edge of the stab. I use Goop glue but epoxy would be fine Put some vasaline or grease around the hinge pin so the glue wont stick to it.I glue them all at once, stab end elevator. When you stick them all in one side. make sure the pins all hang straight down, that way the pins will all line up. Shove them together and let them dry.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:38 PM
rc_sport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Robart Hinge points installation

I used to use epoxy but recently I found Pacer hinge glue, it comes in a sqeeze bottle with a small applicator tip. It worked great and it cleans up with water. It was set in 30 min.