Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fuel filler

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 09:40 AM
a68fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel filler

Good day all..

I'm finally ready to install the cowl on my plane. ... I came across a while back a little gismo to allow fueling outside the cowl, but don't remember where i saw it...

It was plastic, with a streamline shape. A line ran from the fuel tank, to the gismo, attached to the cowl. A small piece of fuel tubing connected across the gismo, and then back through the cowl to the carb. Another one is used on the muffler side. This setup allows you fuel/ defuel the plane by unhooking lines outside the cowl, similar to the way an uncowled plane is fueled.

Are you totally confused?? Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks!!

Allen
Old 10-23-2003, 11:05 AM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Fuel filler

I avoid any extra connections since they could cause problems. My solution is to attach a filler hose to the third hole in the fuel tank. Put a plug in the end and let it dangle out the bottom.

Tom
Old 10-23-2003, 12:09 PM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Allen:

Yes, I used two of those in the past and after a while one leaked and the "filling probe" broke from the other one. I's a Robart Super Fueler (I think Tower still sells them).

However, that being said, I'm with Tom on this one. I have been using Fuel Dots on the third line connection for the last 7 years. I tried all of the fuelers on the market and just was not that satisfied.

Others seem to like them.

Check out tower however for the Robart unit.
Dan
Old 10-23-2003, 01:35 PM
RC_Fanatic

I think World Models has the unit you describe. There was an ad in a recent MAN showing it.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:25 AM
AllShadow

I think this is the one you are referring to. [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXES36&P=7]Robert Fuel Filler[/link]

I have one on a Tiger Moth love the way it looks. No problem so far. Also talked to a flyer at a fly-in that has been using one for 4 years still no problem. It does seem that several people on RC Universe have had problems though.

David

edited to correct typo
Old 10-26-2003, 10:34 AM
AllShadow

After re-reading your post I think RC_Fanatic is correct.

David
Old 10-28-2003, 10:56 AM
a68fan

Thanks for all the replies guys!!

I decided to go with a 3rd line & "dot"..... Cowl turned out pretty good I think...

Allen