Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Need info on setting up 9C futaba trans. for Ultra stick

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Need info on setting up 9C futaba trans. for Ultra stick

Old 11-07-2003, 09:21 PM
aerobatic 3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on setting up 9C futaba trans. for Ultra stick

Here is what I need.
1. I have a Futaba 9CAP transmitter and I want to set a model program to allow me to use full aileron or flap and aileron using an assigned switch. Of course I have 2 servos on each wing on seperate channels, 1 flap and 1 aileron per wing. I'm using a 8 channel reciever.
2. I want to use a crow program also on the wing assigned to a switch and need to set this up also, so I need to know how to do this and keep the above program. I want to stay in the Aero program not in Glider.

I've went to the Futaba FAQ website and read but if anyone can help me to understand a better way to program this I would be thankful.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:29 PM
h8w8n

Default RE: Need info on setting up 9C futaba trans. for Ultra stick

The manual that comes with the ultrastick has programing instructions for Futaba and JR transmiters. If you don't have a manual, you can contact Horizon Hobbies. The may even have it on their web site.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:59 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Check the Futaba site's FAQ. It's got instructios on it.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:12 AM
smitymax

I have used a couple of different programing schemes for my UltraSticks and found that one way was not any "better" than the other both worked and did the job. The "best" way is one that works for you. Follow the one given on Futaba' website FAQ for the complex 7,8 servo setup such as the UltraStick and it will work and do all the things you want it to and then some..

BTW, I printed out the instructions and that made it easier to follow.

Good Luck....
Old 11-08-2003, 03:30 AM
aerobatic 3D

Thanks guys,
I printed out all the Futaba FAQ instructions on setting up the Ultra Stick and will try again, when I set mine up I was getting ailerons on the outter surfaces but the inside surfaces would move full up or full down from the varible slider on the left side of the transmitter. After reading again this is exactly the way it should work until I activate the air brake. I wasn't able to adjust the positon of the flaps in porportion from the flapron trim display, I understand that I can't until I activate the airbrake only full travel either way until the airbrake is activated. This was throwing me, haven't never did this complicated type of programming before, so all help is needed.

By the way on Horizons wesite on the Ultra Stick manual, it only covers the Futaba 8U radio no other Futaba shown.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:20 AM
smitymax

Actually you can use the Futaba 8U setup as given in the US manual, using the Glider2Flap function. I works just fine and is relatively easy to set up..easier than that given on futaba's FAQ for the 9C.

The only thing is that with the 9C the throttle cut function is not available in the Glider2Flap function, but that is easily handled with a PMix using the OFS (Offset) as master and the throttle as slave and then assigning it to a switch of choice and setting the %Offset to close the throttle from the stick idle position so that the engine quits. (If you are not using the trainer switch for a buddy box that is a good choice since it has a spring return so the throttle cut is always off except when you hold the switch to kill then engine.)
Old 11-09-2003, 03:55 AM
aerobatic 3D

Thanks Guys,
I went back a re-read the Futaba FAQ instructions and guess what??? The second time is the charm, all I was doing wrong was failing to prceed into programming the air brake. After I completed this program I suddenly have flaps and spoilers on switch C. I also have a variable slider switch to give me inside flaps or spoilers and a beep when the slider is returned to the netural middle position. I also went in a made full ailerons on switch A, I love the 9 CAP radio now. I was told it was easier to program all this in the glider mode but I would loose the throttle cut, now I know how to do it without going into the glider mode and I still have throttle cut. I can show all those Ultra Stick flyiers at our feild now. Again thanks.