Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

4 Cycle engine question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

4 Cycle engine question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 11:19 AM
borna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Cycle engine question

I having a OS 70 4 cycle engine and want to know if there any problems with attaching a long silicon tub from engine pressure vent (not the exhaust) all the way to the back of the plane to prevent the plane from getting to messy from the oil residues?
Is that going to affect the engine performance?
Old 12-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 4 Cycle engine question

That is not a pressure vent, it is a crankcase breather vent. I don't know how long a tube you could put on it without detriment but, as long as it doesn't get plugged with congealed oil, it should work okay. This is the point where (on 4 strokes) you need to inject your after run oil, putting it in the carb or exhaust does little good on a four stroke.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 4 Cycle engine question

You need to move this thread to the engines forum for a better answer. A lot more folks familiar will 4 stroke engines will see it there. It would also be good to ask this in the engine manufacturers support forum. I have always heard that these tubes need to be kept quite short but I do not know the particulars. I never use any tube on mine anyway. I just leave the vent fitting bare.