Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

CANCUN Mexico ..Can I fly there????

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

CANCUN Mexico ..Can I fly there????

Old 12-11-2003, 06:04 PM
rudder fludder
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CANCUN Mexico ..Can I fly there????

Can you fly U.S. radios im Mexixco? I want to take a parkflyer to fly on the beach.
Anybody know about customs? RX frequencis
I dont want to go to jail in Mexico for flying r/c....I plan on flying a Reno P-51 wattage elctric.

These are 70mph hot electrics
Mi yaamo Paublo..no speeky espanol...or spell......jus wanna fly~!
Old 12-11-2003, 07:39 PM
joebob
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: CANCUN Mexico ..Can I fly there????

Dude, you've got it bad! You're going to Cancun, to the BEACH, and you wanna fly planes? Maybe you're just trying to improve your concentration? I'm sure there will be a lot of more interesting models to look at there than a P-51...
Old 12-11-2003, 07:43 PM
cappio777
My Feedback: (2)

Totally agree, ......what are you doing thinking of R/C while at Cancun? I know some of us are R/C addicts but put a bunch of senoritas in skimpy bikinis in front of me and I can easily forget what is an airplane.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Tycer

If you must go to Mexico and fly next to the ocean then could you please mount a camera on the plane and take pictures of the pretty *beaches* from up high for us? I do have to agree with the others.. Go look at the other "models". Worrying about packing the plane safely would be a concern as would convincing the airport security that the radio wasnt a detonator or explosive device. Enjoy yourself though,, with or without the plane.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:28 PM
rudder fludder
My Feedback: (17)

Yes I may wreck due to the thermal heat rising off those bikinis....but my fingers are fffff..froze up here in the north
and want to fly in my shorts down south... with a pinacolada in one hand and a TX in the other.
But seriously...anybody fly south of the border?
Old 12-13-2003, 12:17 AM
Crayon

Although I have never flown there, they seem to use the same frequencies as the US. I gathered this from reading Mexican R/C club sites.

Personally I'd rather sip Margarita's and play with the bunnies down there than fly.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:58 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Be careful of the local ship radios tho. I got shot down by a high powered shrimp boat at hilton head island last year. I took a lanier easy fly, assembled it on vaca and flew it from the beach (brand new radio gear). Had a great time until the boats came close to shore and got me. It was terrifying to watch it spin out of control and worry about the other beachgoers. I only fly my GWS Tiger Moth at the beach since that happened. I dont want to fly anything that can hurt someone again! The beach is a great place to fly just be careful of the other people.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:59 AM
mikenlapaz

We have a 150x10 m paved RC runway here in La Paz. The freqs used are the same as in US.
My wife brought RC TX from states on commerical flight last Feb. Personally, I would not fly on a swimming beach in a tourist area. Why invite problems. You do not speak the language, you have a problem and shout a warning that nobody understands. The policia arrives and maybe you lose your model and radio. Maybe you end up in jail.
Enjoy your visit and fly in a safe designated location.
Enjoy the local sights and don't forget the sun block!

Want some interesting reading do a Google search : Dawn Wilson TIJUANA, Mexico or http://www.thedesertsun.com/news/stories2003/national/20031215015207.shtml and read the More on This Story forward tab.

Yep, the above may not qualify as RC, but it is an eye-opener on what can happen to an average citizen in a foreign country. I want him to enjoy his visit.