Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Saito 180 flooding problem HELP!!

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Saito 180 flooding problem HELP!!

Old 12-12-2003, 03:28 PM
deweese4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 180 flooding problem HELP!!

I have a new saito 180 that I am trying to break-in on a test stand, every time I turn it over
it floods at the carb and fuel goes everywhere
I have the fuel tank set at carb height and the supply line to the carb and the pressure line to the fitting on the back plate of the crankshaft as per instructions

Could the pressure line be my problem?

Do I have to run the pressure line at all being this is a four stroke?

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks
Old 12-12-2003, 03:48 PM
iflyrc24
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Saito 180 flooding problem HELP!!

deweese4
The nipple in the back plate is a crankcase blow-by slobber tube. If this nipple is hooked to your fuel tank vent you are getting way too much tank pressure and that is what is flooding the carb.

Hook your clunk to the carb nipple, fuel tank vent to the muffler nipple, and just put a length of fuel tubing on the nipple in the back plate and let it hang down from the cowl. Excess oil in the crankcase will be expelled from this tube.

DEG
Old 12-12-2003, 03:49 PM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

The fitting on the back of the crankcase is a breather. You should run your pressure line to the fitting on the muffler. Run a short length of tubing from the breather to the outside of the plane (out of the cowl if it has one) to take the oil out of the engine area.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:10 PM
BJE

Invert the engine when you choke it. Fuel gets to the intake but it won't make it into the cylinder because gravity is working against you...therefore, the fuel spills out the carb when you choke it. Inverting the engine will allow the fuel to flow "down" into the cylinder. Other option is a powerful electric starter that will turn the engine fast enough to draw fuel without having to choke.